Are you looking for easy tips on how to remove your car’s stereo? Then look no further! Be it a double DIN or a single din, you can do it in just 5 easy steps. If you want to know more, then you should read this article.
For car owners who need to remove their factory stereo for replacement or repairs need to do some steps. The standard size of the DIN is 2 inches by 7 inches, and is commonly found in cars, SUVs, and light trucks. Bigger cars and luxury cars have a double-sized stereo than standard cars – this is called the double DIN. If you do not know how to remove your double DIN, then you can hire a car audio technician to do the job for you.
Before you start, here are the things that you will be needing:
2. Trim panel removal tool
3. Pliers or adjustable wrench
Here are the instructions:
1. To have access to the battery terminals, lift your car’s hood. By using an adjustable wrench, loosen up the bolt that secures the cable to the negative terminal. Remove the cable from the battery and put it to a secure place. Go inside your car.
2. Remove the panels from the dash. You can do this by following the instructions found in your car’s manual.
3. Remove the screws and bolt at the corners of the double DIN head unit with the Phillips-head screwdriver or socket and driver. There are some cars that need some specialized extraction tools. For those car brands that like Mazda, Audi, and Ford, use the tools into the slots of the unit’s face. Pull the unit from the dock good enough to reach the cable antenna and wiring connected to the back of the stereo unit.
4. Remove the wirings that are connected to the outlets at the back of the unit. The wirings may have release mechanisms that must be engaged prior to unplugging the cables. Check out the repair manual for any specific instructions before you pull the cable connectors from the outlets on the rear panel of the unit.
5. Disconnect the antenna cable lead from the outlet on the lower-left corner of the stereo’s rear panel. Set aside the panel in a secure place.
These are the 5 easy steps on how to remove a double din or car stereo. If you are unsure on how to do it, then you can hire someone or ask for help from your friend. Good luck!